Wednesday, March 30, 2011

April 2011

I have only listed two books for April:
  1. The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger.
  2. Moby Dick by Herman Melville
There were several reasons why there are only two for next month. Among them is because I couldn't get the books my friends recommended me on time, and because, well, it's about time I read Moby Dick.

My husband gave me the classic story when we first got married five years ago (almost), and I had attempted to read it through several times. However. I could never get past page 15. I always, ALWAYS promptly fell asleep. Seriously. I mean, it was as if I repeatedly stumbled on a booby trap and fell unconscious every. single. time. It was better than the Bible for sleep-inducing read.

So, needless to say, it is really going to be a challenge. Hope I can make it. I mean, it's worth the effort. It's a classic reading, famous for its opening sentence, "Call me Ishmael", and my husband really recommends it. So if only I can... zzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment